Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Cappones Restaurant & Live Jazz Club

1141 Hamilton St.
604-684-7900

Atmosphere - Low lighting and and live jazz create a relaxed tone. The small round tables situated in front of the stage attracted a very ecclectic crowd, especially considering the location.

Service - Excellent. Our waiter was very attentive and friendly throughout the evening.

Food - We ordered the portobellini mushroom and the crab cakes to start and shared the smoked salmon pizza. I both loved the starters, the mushroom was juicy and had lots of flavour and the crab cakes were fresh and nice and crispy, they were served with a tasty aioli. I have been to Capone's before and enjoyed one of the best pizzas I've ever eaten. But this time I found the smoked salmon pizza was just too rich for me, though my date loved it.

Whom to take - Jazz lovers or for just a cool night out. If you go with a group I would suggest sitting towards the back of the restaurant away from the stage. You'll still hear the music.

What to wear - Looking around I spied everything from business wear to Harley Davidson jackets.

Value for money - Average. I agree with most pricing on the menu but the pizza prices seem a little high.

No comments: