Thursday, April 5, 2007

A Kettle of Fish

900 Pacific Street
604-682-6661

Atmosphere - I would go to this restaurant solely for the decor, with tons of plants and an actual tree growing indoors plus the low lighting and several different eating areas make for a very unique setting.

Service - Our waiter was great, really funny and worked very hard to make sure we had a great experience.

Food - For a place with the word 'fish' in the title I was disapointed with my meal. I ordered the Blackened Vermillion Rockfish and it was served with cous cous and vegetables. The fish was cooked too much so it was tough and instead of being served as a whole filet it was piled up on my plate like it had to be scraped off the grill and came apart (which might explain why it was tough). However I did try the clam chowder that another person I was dining with had ordered and it was fantastic.

Whom to take - Out of town guests who will foot the bill, such as your parents.

What to Wear - It was Monday night and I noticed quite a few tourists around so the dress was very casual.

Value for Money - Poor. I say either lower the prices or up the standards. I might go again for the ambiance.



1 comment:

Unknown said...

I agree with you this restaurant is a great place to eat and the service and atmosphere is vey relaxing